Maryland Nurses Association (MNA) supports an integrative legislative approach that focuses on registered nurses, advanced practice nurses, healthcare consumers, and the healthcare system.
MNA supports initiatives that:
- Promote quality nursing care through education and licensure.
- Address nursing recruitment, retention, and diversity.
- Address the long-term workforce shortage including the faculty shortage.
- Ensure and protect the rights of nurses to provide quality care within their full scope of nursing practice.
- Promote healthcare consumer safety, access to care, education, and self-determination.
- Promote safety in the workplace.
- Advocate expanding nursing roles in health care reform legislation and initiatives.
- MNA supports initiatives that introduce appropriate legislation to the Maryland General Assembly.